Prepare Your Documents
Before jumping onto the section of documents required, we will first look at some of the key points to remember:
- Make a visit to the photo studio and get the child’s, father’s, mother’s, family latest passport size photographs printed in bulk! This is one thing you can’t do without! Also, print enough copies of yours and your spouse’s, as most schools demand the parents’ photographs. Also, scan these passport size photographs or ask the photo studio to mail you a soft copy.
- Aadhar Card for the child. Even if you don’t have it, get a temporary enrolment slip. You must produce the updated aadhar card at the time of admissions.
- All the documents should have the same details. Eg: Address, spelling etc. Even if not get them corrected.
- The Birth Certificate of the child should have the Name of the child. Get it corrected
- Photocopy sets of documents with your signatures (Attested). Do at least 20 photocopies each.
1. Birth Certificate: Issued by the Municipal Corporation or an equivalent authority (Name of the child along with other relevant information such as DOB, Parent name etc. must be endorsed on the certificate and it should be duly signed by the Registrar of Birth). Click here to download a sample Date Of Birth certificate
2. Proof of Residential Address: Any of the following:
- Ration Card/Smart Card Issued in the name of parents (Mother/Father having the name of child).
- Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents.
- Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents.
- Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
- Aadhaar Card/Ulfr card (Front & Back) issued in the name of any of the parents.
3. Aadhar Card of Child
4. Aadhar Card Of Father
5. Aadhar card of Mother
6. Child’s recent passport size photo.
7. Father’s/ Guardian’s recent passport size photo
8. Mother’s/ Guardian’s recent passport size photo
9. Family Photo
10. Medical Certificate and Immunization Certificate: Issued by a registered Medical Practitioner. Some schools ask for an original. Either get colored photocopies or get multiple medical certificates from the doctor. Click here to download a sample Medical Certificate
Non Mandatory Documents:
1. Letter of the Parish Priest/ Pastor: For Christians/Catholic
2. Baptism Certificate/ Dedication Certificate: For Christians/Catholic
3. Religion Minority Certificate (Sikh Certificate/Baptism Certificate, Letter of the Parish Priest). Click here to download a sample Sikh community Minority Certificate.
4. Affidavit of ‘Single Parent’ along with Death Certificate/Divorce Certificate.
5. Affidavit of ‘Girl Child’.
6. Sibling’s ID Card, Fee Receipt, Report Card etc. : For Siblings studying in the same school.
7. Parent’s Mark sheet of class XII/Passing Certificate: For alumnus parent
8. Affidavit of First/Single Child. Click here to download a sample First Child/Only Child Affidavit
9. Affidavit of Twin Children
10. Transfer cases, one needs to produce Proof of Transfer to Delhi Certificate/ Transfer Order and joining report stating the date of transfer and joining.
11. Staff’s latest ID Card in case the applicant is the staff’s ward.
12. Parents who are national awardee have to produce the National Certificate.
13. Affidavit for inter-community/inter-cast marriage.
14. Affidavit for proof of the distance from the school. Click here to download a sample Distance Affidavit.
NOTE: Download a consolidated PDF with document specifications required during Delhi School Admissions